- Picks orders, load and unload trucks (vendor and BGS) when directed.
- Help maintain yard cleanliness.
- Help forklift operators as directed.
- Assist customers in yard, shed or warehouse.
- Operate a lift truck as directed.
- Install protective devises, such as bracing, padding and strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being stored or transported.
- When assigned to a truck, help the driver navigate to the job site and unload the truck at the job site.
- Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other employees to do the same.
- Assist with inventory and verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Other duties as requested directed or assigned.
- Previous lumber or building supplies experience strongly desired.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Experience using various third party building supplier system applications desired.
- The position could involve standing, walking, reaching, lifting, bending, crouching, climbing, pushing, pulling and sitting for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Exposed to cold weather in the winter and hot weather in the summer.
BGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: BGS is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at BGS are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. BGS will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. BGS encourages applicants of all ages.