More Jobs at Starr Companies
…There is no state income tax within the State of Tennessee. About the Hospital Starr Regional Medical Center - Athens is a 118-bed acute-care facility that serves the
…nearly $10 billion in assets, MB Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ: MBFI) is the Chicago-based holding company for MB Financial Bank. For over 100 years, MB has been helping our
Title: Server - Specialty Restaurant Location: USA-AZ-Tucson-JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort %26 Spa Job Number: 130011PP With more than 300 managed properties
Division President, Starr Surplus Lines
Company: Starr Surplus Lines Insurance Location: New York
Department: Underwriting State/Territory: US-NY
Employment Duration: Full time Travel: Frequent
FLSA Status: Exempt Last Updated: 1/17/13 9:40 AM
Essential Job Functions
* Develop strategies, new products and classes of business combined with an expanded distribution network to drive top line premium growth and bottom line profit.
* Develop an intimate knowledge of customer needs and competitors, identify market trends and drivers, and formulate and execute a strategic marketing plan.
* Day-to-day management of the business and staff of the division in all aspects of production, underwriting, and claims.
* Review production and financial reports to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and take corrective action as needed.
* Accountability for production and profit goals for the Division in accordance with the annual plan approved by senior executive management, oversight of producer and client management, expansion of producer network and enhancement of the divisions’ reputation.
* Pursue opportunities and overcome obstacles both inside and outside the organization in order to achieve the divisions’ short and long-term goals.
* Be the spokesperson for the division and be charged with increasing the organizations visibility with clients, producers and industry organizations.
* Evaluate the performance of the division’s staff against pre-determined objectives and take corrective action when performance is not at acceptable levels.
* 20+ years of relevant experience
* Proven track record of leading a profitable and growing organization
* Demonstrated exceptional judgment and decision-making
* Exceptional communication skills
* Proven success in effectively partnering in multi-layered global organization
* Superior ability to manage multiple and complex projects and develop and implement creative solutions
Starr Companies, comprised of C.V. Starr & Co., Inc. (C.V. Starr) and Starr International USA, Inc. (Starr International USA), is a global, privately held, insurance, financial services, and investments organization. Starr''s insurance agencies write specialty lines covering aviation, marine, energy, property and excess casualty insurance, including risks with international exposures and provide a broad spectrum of value-added specialized services, including claims handling and settlement, risk assessment and loss prevention. Starr''s insurance companies, Starr Indemnity & Liability Company and Starr Surplus Lines Insurance Company, provide high-quality, customized property and casualty and accident and health insurance products, with significant access to the excess and surplus marketplace for certain lines of business. These companies also provide loss control, claims, administrative and reinsurance services to their policyholders.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Starr Companies is comprised of C. V. Starr & Co., Inc. and Starr International USA, Inc., and is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.